Finally, Part Three: get to know the authors. Let’s welcome Stephanie Hale. -applauds-
1. As a child, who was your fave cartoon character?
I had brief, but intense, love affairs with Barbie, Strawberry Shortcake (Blueberry Muffin was actually my fav), Care Bears, and the Smurfs. But my favorite cartoon to watch was, and still is, Scooby-Doo!
2. Which subject were you least good in, in high school?
I flunked Geometry. I just totally hated it and wouldn’t study. Then I had to redo it in summer school which was HORRIBLE!
3. Did you love or dread Valentine’s Day in high school?
This is an awesome question. Valentine’s Day in HS was more stressful than taking the ACT’s. If you got a delivery they would call your name to come to the office and get it. Then you could parade your over-priced flowers/balloons/candy through the halls like a giant trophy. I’m pretty sure I put the fear of God into my boyfriends so I always got something!
4. How were your grades like in high school?
You know I always thought with the exception of Geometry I did pretty good. But recently I came upon my old report cards and there were a lot more B’s and C’s then I remember. I got straight A’s in crushing boys though, although there isn’t much demand in the job market for that one.
5. How did you cope with homework?
Osmosis. You have to remember that when I was in high school, we didn’t have near the demands that today’s students face. I do remember having a study hall period and I could get most of my homework done during that. But now, even my kindergartener has homework every night.
6. What do you do when you are very stressed?
7. If someone told you 10 years ago that you would be a writer, what would your reaction be?