Linger by Maggie Stiefvater is the sequel to Shiver follows the story of Grace and the wolves of Mercy Falls.
Maggie says: “It’s about after. What happens after you discover there are werewolves in the wood, after you’ve fallen in love for the first time, after you’ve lost what you think you can’t live without, after you’ve become someone you can’t live with.”
This is not a review. My review can be found here. Instead, this is more of a post declaring my love for Maggie Stiefvater’s Mercy Falls novels. 🙂 Maggie’s writing is one of a kind. Honest. I don’t think you will ever find me saying this again on any other book. Maggie’s sequel was a little predictable and even though I saw the ending coming, I still bawled my eyes out. That’s the power of Maggie’s writing for you.
10. Shiver was exquisite, of course you have to read Linger!
9. Guys who write songs about their girlfriends are absolutely swoonworthy.
8. Guitar-playing-book-loving-paper-crane-folding guys are extremely rare these days
7. Guys with the saddest sad face make my heart melt.
6. Shiver has acquired film rights which means it may become a movie. You want to say “I read this book when it first came out” to your friends when they start reading it.
5. There’s singing in the audiobook.
4. Sexy, jaggedly handsome and Hollywood-looking Cole. Enough said.
3. Unforgettable characters.
2. Wonderful, terrific, incredible, outstanding, stupendous, magnificent, phenomenal… writing. In other words: one of the best writing out there (in YA).
1. It’s so heart-wrenching, there may be crying.
If you enjoyed Shiver, I strongly urge you to pick up Linger at your bookstore, ASAP. If you have not started the series, Shiver is now out in paperback! 😀
If you have the time, check out some Linger quotes. Oh and please keep the comments spoiler free!