I am BACKKKKK. Will be updating this post soon with my reading stats but for now, here’s my entry for the Feed Me Seymour! mini challenge.
Lisa put a bowl of cereal in front of me. “Just do your best,” she said. I picked up the spoon and pushed down on the flakes floating in the milk. I liked the way they popped back up. Lisa sat down across from me. “Just a few bites, Emmy,” she said, like I was a little kid. I felt like a little kid, but I also felt older. I closed my eyes and thought about dipping the spoon back into the bowl, scooping out the cereal and bringing it to my mouth, chewing and swallowing. It seemed impossible. My hand felt heavy.
From Positively by Courtney Sheinmel.
Here’s another passage also from Positively.
I squirted some ketchup onto my plate so I could dip my hot dog into it. That’s how I always ate hot dogs — I dipped each bite. I never put the ketchup on top of the hot dog in a line like Whitney did. To me, that looked too much like a vein, and then I always thought of blood and ended up not wanting to eat it.
Pages read since last update: 100
Time read since last update: 2h 01m
Total pages read: 307
Minutes Spent Blogging: 40 mins
Tot. Minutes Spent Blogging: 80 mins
I ate McDonalds while reading. =)
1. What are you reading right now?
Positively by Courtney Shienmel
2. How many books have you read so far?
1 and a half books. That may sound pathetic but I am going to be awake from now till the rest of the read-a-thon.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Not really, I’m usually free on weekends.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Just go with the flow, read whenever I can!
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
Everyone’s perserverance. None of the blogs I’ve visited have given up.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
As a Reader, I’d try not to multi-task and focus on reading.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
No, I just woke up!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
If the book is boring, give yourself a break and do short activities like snack, listen to music, watch TV for 15 mins, take a quick 15 mins walk, paint your nails… etc
Feel free to add me on Twitter, I am @readingthisbook.