Pages read since last update: 66
Time read since last update: 1h 00m
Total pages read: 503
Minutes Spent Blogging: 10 mins
Tot. Minutes Spent Reading: 7h 15 min
(faillllll) thinking positively, this is an achievement!
Books Read This Hour: Ash by Malinda Lo
Total Books Completed: Love is the Higher Law by David Levithan and Positively by Courtney Sheinmel. Stopped halfway through Ash.
Total Mini-Challenges Participated In: 6 (if I’m not wrong)
Tot. Minutes Spent Blogging/Mini-Challenging: 220 mins
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Probably hour 3, I had a hard time concentrating on Love is the Higher Law because I kept YouTubing videos of 9/11 on YouTube.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Hunger Games series. The following books are books I find addictive though I did not read them during the Read-a-thon. Audrey Wait by Robin Benway, Project 17 by Laurie Faria Stolarz (super creepy and addictive), Bad Girls Don’t Die by Katie Alender, Evernight by Claudia Gray, If I Stay by Gayle Forman, Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong, My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope, everything’s good. Oh, wait. Can we have more Read-a-thons? Pretty please?
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I managed to clean my room and read at the same time.
5. How many books did you read?
Two and a half.
6. What were the names of the books you read?
Love is the Higher Law by David Levithan, Positively by Courtney Sheinmel and Ash by Malinda Lo.
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Positively by Courtney Sheinmel
8. Which did you enjoy least?
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I’m a Reader.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
100% likely. I’ll be a Reader again. But I can’t do any Read-a-thons next year because I have other commitments, but I will definitely do it in 2011 (that’s wayyy in the future).
My Read-a-thon tips:
1. Do not multi-task, it’ll only distract you and slow you down.
2. Do not start off with slow-paced books, try to read something fast-paced.
Those are the two things I learnt.
Overall thoughts: Disappointed that I did not achieve my goals. 😦 But I think it was a fun experience but I wished my family members were more supportive. Usually I don’t read so slow. BLAH. Distractions are not good. And I think the next time I do a read-a-thon, I will try to be more nocturnal and try to sleep for only 3 hours or something.
To the rest of you, KEEP GOING! You can do it. Thanks everyone for commenting! This is my first time participating and it certaintly won’t be my last. Big thanks to everyone over at 24hourreadathon.com for hosting this. You can view my Read-a-thon posts in the 24hr read-a-thon catergory.
Even though the read-a-thon is over for me, I am going to keep reading till I finish my book. 🙂 Expect reviews for Viola in Reel Life, Ballads of Suburbia, Devoured, Love is the Higher Law and Positively over the next two weeks.