Today I present Melissa Walker! 😀
1. What was your high school experience like?
I liked high school by the time I was a junior. Everyone had matured a little by then, and I had a great group of friends.
2. What was the craziest thing you ever did while in high school?
Nothing too crazy. One time we rearranged the letters on a Burger King marquee… um… but what we arranged them to say isn’t fit to print.
3. Which was your fave subject back then?
English–shock. I loved reading.
4. What books did you like to read when you were in high school?
I mainly read the required books, and of those I adored THE GREAT GATSBY, A SEPARATE PEACE, and A LIGHT IN AUGUST. Outside of school, I read some Judy Blume and a ton of Sassy magazines… does that count?
5. What was your dream job when you were in high school?
I wanted to be a magazine writer… for Sassy. But it folded before I got into the job world… Sigh.
6. Did you ever have a part time job during vacations when you were in high school?
I had a part-time job at the movie theater (like Violet) always. Well, since the day I turned 16 anyway.
7. Where did you and your friends hang out after school?
At my house–it was really close to the school so it was an easy place to get a snack.
8. What would you usually have for lunch?
I don’t remember! I do remember there was a $2 meal at Wendy’s we could get with some school discount card we had–it involved lots of fries.
9. Ever eaten in a toilet stall like Lindsay Lohan in Mean Girls?
No! Thank goodness. My heart goes out to anyone who has.
10. Did you like school dances or the prom?
I did. I was a total traditionalist in high school–I HAD to go to the prom both junior and senior years. I’m a sucker for that classic “high school” stuff.
If you want to win a signed copy of Violet On The Runway by Melissa Walker, then comment on this post. I’ll use a random number generator to draw the winner. When commenting, make sure you state what your number is. For example:
Great interview Kate!
And so the next person who posts will be #2.
Stay tuned for the last part of the interview! Full details on the contest can be found here. Anyone in the world can enter!
If you missed out the earlier interviews here they are!