Today we have the brilliant Stephanie Hale to talk about her books. Stephanie is the author of the Aspen Brooks series. Melissa Walker also did a cover story on Stephanie’s books, you can read it at her blog.
1. How did you get the idea of writing the Aspen Brooks series?
I honestly don’t know. Aspen just popped into my head one day and wouldn’t shut up!
2. How long did it take for you to write Revenge of the Homecoming Queen (first book in the Aspen Brooks series)?
The only writing time I have is my boys naptimes and bedtimes, so it took me about nine months.
3. Was it a difficult process getting your first book published?
Getting published is difficult. There is lots of competition and only so many publishers. If you really want to be a published author you can’t give up.
4. Did you put any of your real life experiences in your books?
I have asthma and so does Aspen, so I really know what it’s like to experience an attack. And my freshman class really did choose a geek to be on the homecoming court one year.
5. How can you relate to your main character, Aspen?
Like Aspen, I’m extremely loyal to the people I love.
6. What is the best thing that has happened to you since you became a writer?
Every time I sell another book it is the best feeling in the world!
7. What did you research on while writing your books?
Dooney & Bourke purses!
8. What do you do when you have a writer’s block?
I’ve never had a block but I do take lots of time off. If I don’t feel like writing I never force it.
9. If the Aspen Brooks series were to become a movie, who’d you like to play the main characters?
Aspen- Hayden Panettiere
Rand- Shia La Beouf
Angel- Alexa Vega
10. What are you currently working on?
Right now I’m starting my first adult novel so we’ll see how that goes.
If you want to win Spring Breakup by Stephanie Hale, then comment on this post. I’ll use a random number generator to draw the winner. When commenting, make sure you state what your number is. For example:
I would love to win Spring Breakup!
And so the next person who posts will be number 2.
Stay tuned for the next two parts of the interview! Full details on the contest can be found here. Sorry, only US residents allowed to enter for this book. International people can enter Oh. My. Gods. and VOTR. 🙂
Hi there, I'm Kate, an avid reader with bookshelves threatening to topple down. While everyone was building sandcastles, I was the kid sitting on the couch with my nose in the book.
I review Young Adult books and love to promote them. Thanks for visiting Read This Book! Love the book, hate the book, comment! I don't bite!
You can also find me on Twitter.
"“Sometimes when I'm alone, I take the pearl from where it lives in my pocket and try to remember the boy with the bread, the strong arms that warded off nightmares on the train, the kisses in the arena." — Suzanne Collins